Lettuce in Soy Sauce & Mushrooms
Pattie adapted from The Green Thumb Cookbook
1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce (according to taste)
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 pound of salad mix or head of lettuce coarsely torn into 2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted makes it extra yummy)
1. In a large skillet heat oil, then add mushrooms and onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
2. Add soy sauce and honey. Turn heat to low and gradually add lettuce. Stir and toss until lettuce is slightly wilted and thoroughly covered with sauce.
3. Add sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Pomegranate, Pecan and Feta Salad
- CSA lettuce mix or baby spinach
- red onion slices
- pecan pieces
- crumbled feta
- 1/2 a pomegranate, seeds only
Dressing: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, salt & pepper
Mix the dressing ingredients with a fork or whisk in the bottom of a salad bowl. Toss the lettuce and salad toppings and mix with the dressing. Enjoy.