Here is a post of cooking tips and recipe links from members. Let me know if you have any additional tips.
Amy Hetager, CSA blogger
– Member Pattie had an idea for using pomegranates, if you still have a few. Cut them open and save the seeds in your refrigerator. This will help you add them to salad dressings or fruit salads without cutting them individually.
-I made flavored vinegar with pomegranates. It was really just placing ingredients into a mason jar and waiting 2-3 weeks. Here is the link to the recipes.
– A few members had made chunky applesauce from the Pink Lady apples and it was wonderful. I posted applesauce recipes last week. Click here to see them.
– I used the applesauce with quince to make an applesauce cake. I made a few modifications such as replacing ½ cup all-purpose flour with white whole wheat. I also replaced half of the butter with additional applesauce. I also added more powdered ginger and a tsp of allspice. The texture of the cake batter was unusual, but I baked it and it was fantastic. Click here for the recipe.
– Member Pattie had a tip if you have squash on your counter. Roast them all at the same time. Use what you need and then freeze the remainder. I have 2 squash frozen and it is great to use in soups or sauces.
– Additional tips and recipes
– Recipe for Polenta (please note 12oz is 1.5 cups)
– Recipe for Lasagne
– Recipe for Pasta
– Recipe for Gratin
– Recipe for Bean and Squash Soup